The mercury is dropping…hallelujah! 😀
With no more humid weather and the urge to stay in front of the AC all day long, it is now time to plan fun outdoor activities. Dubai has some of the most exciting and thrilling outdoor adventure sports and leisure outlets along with a number of beautiful parks. So if you live in Dubai and are looking for a quiet and calm surrounding for your morning/evening jogs, a comfy spot for a picnic or a safe enclosure for your kids to play in then a nearby park is your place to be!
Today we present to you 5 amazing parks around Dubai for some good outdoor fun:
- Creekside Park. This park is situated along the breezy Dubai Creek and offers a variety of entertainment options for its visitors. From camel rides, horseback riding, playgrounds, picnic spots, checking out the stone amphitheater as well as hitching a cable car ride, you can truly enjoy your time there! The famous Dubai Dolphinarium and Children’s City are also a major hit with kids of all age groups. If you’re looking to breathe some fresh air after a long day at work then the lush green landscape is perfect for a calming stroll. We recommend this park for young families as the kids will love the ambiance!
- Za’abeel Park. Extending from Karama to Za’abeel area, Za’abeel Park is one of the largest parks in Dubai. Located close to densely populated residential areas, it is very popular with families and is crowded over the weekends. The park is dotted with children’s play areas, picnic spots and interesting sculptures. Although running parallel to Sheikh Zayed Road, it still offers a calm escape from the hustle of the city. The park also has an entertainment attraction for children: Stargate. Close to Al Jafiliya Mtero Station, Za’abeel Park is also one of the parks in Dubai (if not the only one) that provides free wi-fi access. So next time you go for your jog there, you know you can check-in easily on Facebook 😉
- Safa Park. Created way back in 1975, this park is bordered by Sheikh Zayed Road, Al Hadiqa Street, Al Wasl Road and 55th Street. It has four entrances, one from each road. Over here, you will be able to find a variety of flora fauna, lakes, small hills, beautiful green landscape as well as a waterfall among the hills. A big hit with Dubai residents on the weekends, the lake boat rides and BBQ stations are sure to be crowded so make sure you reach well on time!
- Al Mamzar Beach Park. One of the most popular beach parks in Dubai, Al Mamzar Beach Park was built in 1994. Consisting of huge green acres of land and five beaches, it is amongst the top rated parks in Dubai. Close to Sharjah, this huge park houses a wide range of recreational facilities to entertain its visitors. You can hire private chalets or chill in the BBQ stations with your family and friends. There are a number of playgrounds as well for the children. If you prefer to lounge about in a waterfront park, then we suggest this park for you!
- Mushrif Park. Created in 1980s by the Dubai Municipality, this park is located in the eastern part of Dubai, a little past Mirdiff. It is a desert-like park as it was built on a forest area and hence as a result also has a lot of woodland area. You can drive inside the park and enjoy the desert surroundings. There are a number of options for families to relax and enjoy such as picnic spots, horseback riding, visiting the small petting zoo as well as variety of restaurants. Do take your kids here if they’re fond of animals.
Apart from these, there are a number of other parks across Dubai as well such as the Dubai Miracle Garden, Al Barsha Park, Jumeirah Beach Park etc.
We hope we gave you new and exciting options to plan your weekend around! Do tell us about your favorite park in Dubai! 🙂
Got a question about property? Ask us!
Comment below or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org