In the last week of November, we did a countdown to UAE’s National Day by featuring an Emirate daily on our Facebook posts. Now we bring to you a collection of our posts so that you may learn something new about our beloved country! 🙂
- The capital of UAE.
- Ruled by the Al Nahyan Family.
- Abu Dhabi literally translates to ‘Father of the Gazelle’.
- Geographically the largest Emirate. Adjoins Saudi Arabia and Oman.
- The Emirate comprises of Abu Dhabi city, Al Ain and the Western Region.
- Oil was discovered here in the late 1950s and the rest as they say is history.
- It is geographically the smallest Emirate.
- Ruled by the Al Nuaimi Family.
- It is surrounded on 3 sides by Sharjah.
- It consists of 3 regions: Ajman City, Masfout Area, Al Manama Area.
- The Ajman University of Science and Technology is an important institution of higher education in the Gulf.
- It is a port city great for bargain shopping.
- And let’s not forget the the affordable rents!
- Second largest and most populated Emirate.
- Ruled by the Al Maktoum family.
- Once home to 25% of the world’s cranes, with all the construction going on it is set to become the world’s crane capital again in the near future.
- The Dubai Police force has an impressive super fleet of luxurious and high end sports cars including Aston Martin 177, an Audi R8, a Nissan GTR, a Ferrari FF, Ford Mustang, Bugatti Veyron.
- Home to the world’s tallest tower (Burj Khalifa), largest shopping mall (Dubai Mall), longest driver less metro network (Dubai Metro), world’s tallest hotel (JW Marriot Marquis in Business Bay), largest man made island (Palm Trilogy), world’s tallest residential tower (Princess Tower) and many many more!
- Also home to Listaproperty.com!
- Only Emirate without coastline on Arabian Gulf; situated on the coast of Gulf of Oman.
- Ruled by the Al Sharqi family.
- Hajar Mountains are an important tourist attraction including its highest peak in UAE, the Jabal Yibir.
- Al Badiyah Mosque, oldest mosque in UAE is located here.
- Fujairah Fort is an important historical site.
- You can also witness Bull fighting at the corniche every Friday afternoon!
RAS AL KHAIMAH:
- Northern most Emirate of UAE, literally means “Top of the Tent”.
- It was previously known by another name- Julfar.
- Ruled by the Al Qasimi family.
- A holiday destination for UAE residents and international tourists.
- Heritage sites include: RAK National Museum, Dhayah Fort, Jazirat Al Hamra
- Run off water from Hajar mountains contributes to its rich flora growth.
- Another favorite Emirate for affordable living
- Shares its south border with Dubai. Only Emirate having coastlines on Arabian Gulf and Gulf of Oman.
- Ruled by another branch of Al Qasimi family.
- The first school and library in UAE were established in Sharjah.
- Sharjah Municipality was the first Municipality established in UAE.
- Sharjah was the first to establish an airport in the Gulf region.
- American University of Sharjah is a premiere institution for higher studies in the UAE.
- We all know about the Sharjah-Dubai traffic during peak hours.
UMM AL QUWAIN:
- Least populated Emirate, total area is around 1% of UAE; literally translates to “Mother of two powers”
- Ruled by Al Mualla family.
- It consists of: Falaj Al Maala region and Al Surah region.
- Fishing is the primary occupation of the local population.
- Dreamland Aqua Park is the largest water theme park in the region.
We hope you learned something new and interesting about the different Emirates of the UAE. We surely did! 🙂
Got a question about property? Ask us!
Comment below or write to us at email@example.com