The latest buzz in the town is the grand announcement of the Mall of the World in Dubai. This mega project will house the world’s largest mall along with the largest indoor park, cultural resorts, wellness resorts and around a 100 hotels. Wow! Here in the listaproperty.com office, we are thrilled about this news. And if you’re anything like us, you too probably get excited at the mere mention of a mall and start crooning to Robin Sparkle’s “Let’s go the mall, today!” (brownie points to us for a HIMYM reference 😉 )
It is true that there is no dearth of malls in this region, but hey, the more the merrier! Here, we have done a round-up for you of some of the most amazing malls across the GCC countries:
- Dubai Mall, UAE. Let’s start with the grandest of all! Located in Downtown Dubai and right next to the iconic Burj Khalifa, Dubai Mall is the largest shopping mall in the world. One of the most preferred weekend leisure destinations for kids, teenagers and families across the emirate, it is also equally popular with tourists throughout the year. It houses the Dubai ice rink, the Dubai Aquarium and a number of luxury shopping stores along with various eateries. It might take you a whole day to explore the entire mall but it’s definitely worth the exercise!
- Mall of the Emirates, UAE. Another fantastic mall located within Dubai, Mall of the Emirates is particularly renowned for its one of a kind leisure destination: Ski Dubai. That’s right. The mall houses Middle East’s first indoor ski resort and snow park. Hmmm, just thinking about that already cools us down in this heat 🙂 Next time you’re wondering how to beat the summer while in Dubai, just head towards Mall of the Emirates and enjoy the all year round minus temperatures in Ski Dubai!
- Villaggio Mall, Qatar. Located in Doha, this shopping extravaganza has been built around an Italian theme and with a water feature as its focal point. Within the mall, you will find a beautiful Venetian Canal with authentic Gondola rides for the visitors. How romantic! Imagine enjoying the feel of Venice in the mall while exploring the Qatari culture side by side. Apart from the architecture and décor, the mall also houses a mixture of high-end brands making it one of the most popular shopping destinations in the Middle East.
- Mall of Arabia, Saudi Arabia. The largest mall in Jeddah, Mall of Arabia offers visitors a splendid shopping experience in Saudi Arabia. Located near the airport, this mall is one of the newest developments of the Jeddah city, also known as the Bride of the Red Sea. The mall’s beautiful architecture along with a full scale amusement park, a number of luxury brands and restaurants has made it a popular destination for families and tourists. There are also a number of workshops conducted for children throughout the year. It’s a one stop destination for family fun!
- The Avenues, Kuwait. Divided into 7 districts, this is the largest mall in Kuwait. It was also the winner of the ICSC Gold Award for “Best Shopping Center 2013” in MENA. All the districts have their own unique style of architecture thereby adding to their identity. The mall has various fountains outside as well as inside, adding to its elegant beauty. It features a number of brands, luxury stores and classic restaurants and is the perfect choice to enhance your shopping experience in Kuwait.
We hope you enjoyed reading our picks and that you get to visit these fantastic malls soon!
Do leave your comments below or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.