We’re halfway through the summer and with Eid holidays over, most of us are back to work. While a good number of people have extended their holidays and are relaxing in exotic vacation spots, some of us chose to stay back for various personal reasons. But that doesn’t mean it has to be a dull (and an unavoidably hot) summer for us.
Here in the listaproperty.com office, we had an amazing idea of re-doing our surroundings. We knew Oprah wasn’t going to pay us a visit (sadly!) neither were we going to be featured on the Extreme Make-Over Home Edition TV series, so we decided to take the matter in our own hands: we brightened the mood by adding some colors to our workplace and boy, has it worked wonders! 🙂
And hence, we have the same advice for you: roll up your sleeves and indulge in some major fun by revamping your house/office! Here are some exciting suggestions from us:
- Fresh Paint. The first and foremost thing you can do to change the look of your space is by repainting the walls and ceilings with a different color. Use wallpapers if you want. Do read up on the psychology of colors and go for the one which is bound to keep you calm and fresh.
- Rearrange Furniture. No, you don’t have to make a trip to Ikea already! Simply rearrange the furniture in your place for a fresher and newer feel. The twin beds can be rearranged in an L shape and the lamps can be put in the other corner of the room. If you don’t have any beautiful portraits on your walls, now is the time to buy some relaxing scenery or inspiring modern art and add zing to your place.
- Change Lighting. While you’re rearranging the lamps, you might as well experiment with different light bulbs across your home. Try something different which will add to the new feel of your place.
- Add Greenery. Put some pots of fresh plants in your room. This will not only add to the beauty of your place but also help in keeping the air pure and fresh. Get some flowers and a beautiful vase as well. And hey, it’s summer: why not enroll yourself in a floral arranging course? 🙂
- Scents. Two words: Aroma Therapy! Invest in some scented oils, incense sticks, candles or potpourri and add a whiff of freshness to your place.
We hope you use these suggestions. Happy renovating! 🙂
Got a question about property? Ask us!
Comment below or write to us at email@example.com