This morning we received an e-mail from the management advising us to ‘Go Green’. We have realized that not only have we been raking in huge electricity bills (yikes!) but that we have also been negligent about the impact of our activities on the environment. Well, it was time for some introspection!
Hence, after a lot of discussions and tips being thrown around, we have decided to go all green indeed. Oh no, no angry hulk around the office (hopefully the finance department has cooled down as well 😛 ) but rather adapting a sustainable approach to our daily activities.
So, allow us to share some simple tips with you which we will be using in our listaproperty.com office:
- Use CFL bulbs. Using these energy efficient bulbs instead of the regular incandescent light bulbs will not only help you in saving energy but also reduce your electricity costs.
- Switch off appliances when not in use. This can’t be stressed enough. We usually forget to switch off the printer or our desktop or the AC and they are left running for days. This not only spikes up our electricity bill but also wastes a lot of energy which could have otherwise been conserved. If you’re looking to cool your office/home this summer, click here for some great tips.
- Switch off the lights. Whenever you leave the office, ensure to switch off the lights. Remember to check all the conference rooms, pantry, washrooms and all other rooms/halls.
- Print wisely. Save trees! Make sure that you print only what is needful and try to use both the sides of the paper.
- Reuse and Recycle. Invest in reusable cups and plates for your use rather than disposable plates. Also, remember to collect all discarded papers, cans and bags, and stow them away to send them for recycling later on.
By using these tips we hope to become more environmentally conscious. You can also click here to read about 50 ways to help the planet.
Let’s start by doing our bit today and together we can strive to save our planet. Remember what Captain Planet had to say: the power is YOURS! 🙂
Do leave your comments below or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org, we love to hear from you!