There is a huge misperception with many people where sustainable living is expensive, tiring and more costly than their regular lifestyle choices. But with these 6 easy life choices you can enjoy a more sustainable lifestyle.
- Exchange your regular light bulbs with LED ones. This won’t be only a way for giving back to your community and choosing a sustainable lifestyle, but you would be definitely saving also more money with its long lasting life expectancy.
- Buy only what you need. This would also help you in saving money and get creative with what you already have and thus creating a second life for things you thought you might never use again.
- Use recycled material. By saving more resources and getting rid of less trash to send to the landfills you would help in reducing air and water pollution, which in return allows you to enjoy a safer life.
- Sustainable Conservation. Living in one of the most encouraging cities to reduce carbon footprints could be an easy life choice to change into. Therefore, reducing your demand on natural resources by making sure that you replace what you use to the best of your ability would encourage a healthier and safer lifestyle.
- Choose zero VOC paint cans. Painting homes are usually on top new homeowners’ to do lists. Therefore, choose wisely paints made from natural raw ingredients. You would not only be contributing to the environment by choosing natural paint but by doing that you would also choose paints that are the safest for your health, as they do not release any hazardous fumes.
- Walk or bike whenever possible. Even though we all agree that UAE’s summer prevents us from doing these two activities but these activities promote sustainability by reducing pollution and the consumption of natural resources; but not only that walking or biking to work will also improve your health and reduce the strain on public health resources.