These days the three words all over the media and retails stores which have the kids dreading are: Back to School! 😉
Summer vacation is almost over and if you live in Dubai, most of the schools will begin in the first week of September. This means a lot of you parents are busy preparing for your kid’s new school year. But have you ever considered living close to your children’s school? In one of our old blog posts, we highlighted the 6 important factors while choosing a neighborhood, one of which was choosing to live nearby a school if you have young children (click here to read it if you haven’t already read it).
And now, we’ll give you 5 simple and strong reasons to live nearby a school:
- Peaceful Neighborhood. Areas with schools are comparatively quieter as compared to other neighborhoods as they usually don’t have loud recreational centers or busy social hang out joints nearby. The police also closely monitor these areas for the safety of the children. The safer, the better, we say!
- Reduced Commute Time. If you live closer to your children’s school, it will greatly reduce the commute time for them. This means they can sleep longer and wake up closer to the school’s timings. It will also increase their productivity in the mornings. Also, they will be home earlier in the afternoons too.
- More Families Nearby. Usually families prefer to live in areas close to schools and this means that your children will always have someone from their age group to play with in the community park (or socialize if they’re teenagers) and you can easily find company for yourself as well. Lots of Moms and Dads clubs around.
- Access To Facilities. You will have easy access to school facilities such as the gymnasium, the sports grounds as well as the library. You can also participate and volunteer in school events to have some fantastic family fun! 🙂
- Employment Opportunities. Living nearby a school presents a lot of employment opportunities for the adults in the family. Apart from the part time jobs, you can also look into a full time job in administration, public relations departments or teaching.
Houses near popular schools are always in great demand and they will also give you a good resale value in case you decide to sell them after your kids go to college.
We hope we gave you good reasons to consider moving into a school district. 🙂 Do you have any reasons you would like to share with us?
Got a question about property? Ask us!
Comment below or write to us at email@example.com